Effective and Last Updated: December 17, 2015
Scorpio Moon Pty Ltd (ACN 152 873 562) as trustee for the Jones Trust trading as MLJ Property Group ABN 60 878 597 300 (“we or us”) are committed to safeguarding your personal information (“your information”). Please read the following policy to understand how any personal information that you provide to us will be treated.
You hereby agree and consent to us collecting, using, storing, processing, disclosing and sharing your information in the manner set out below.
When we refer to your information, we are referring to your personal information, as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), occupation, driver’s licence number, usernames or passwords, financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and information about how you use our products and services, including our Website.
1. How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you visit our Website, or complete an application form or agreement for one of our products or services, or purchase anything from us, or ask to attend any of our meetings or other activities (in person or on-line), or write to us with comments or makes any post or publication on any website or form of social media relating to us, or contact us with a query or request);
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from our records which show how you use our products and services;
- from third parties such as business associates, affiliates or persons who refer you to us or us to you. In some of these situations we receive and/or make payments flowing from the referals.
We may also collect information from you online as detailed below.
2. How we hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by service providers. We take all reasonable steps necessary to help us protect your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
3. How we use your information generally
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience during all Interactions, or to provide you with better customer service;
- to administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us;
- to gain an understanding of your Real Estate Activities, and to improve or develop our products and services;
- to market our products and services to you and to communicate with you in relation to any Interactions we believe may be of interest to you;
- to contact and/or communicate with you;
- to permit third parties to track usage, analyse data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL in order to better understand our Website usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Website and certain features on the site. We may use third parties to host the Website; operate various features available on the Website; send emails; analyse data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders;
- as required or authorised by law.
4. How we use your information for direct marketing
We may also use your information so that we, our related entities, affiliates, referrers and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers and events that we believe may be of interest to you (which may also include products, services and offers provided by a third party). These marketing activities may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customising on-line content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you stop your Interactions with us until you opt-out. You may opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
5. When we disclose your information
We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors and referrers that work with us or assist us with the purposes for which we use your information. These services include:
- customer enquiries;
- purchasing or booking enquiries;
- information technology and network services;
- market research and marketing services.
We may also disclose your information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so;
- to our related entities or our business partners or referrer networks;
- to other persons from or through whom you may acquire products or services;
- to third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions;
- to any of our contractors or sub-contractors.
6. How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the contact details set out in the how to contact us section of this Statement, so that we can consider and respond to your request.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
7. About this Statement
This Statement has been issued by us, effective as at 17 December 2015. From time to time, we may need to change this Statement. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (https://www.propertyresourceshop.com/privacy-policy/) and it will apply to all of your information held by us at the time.
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to this Statement or our management of your information, please let us know by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Digital Advertising, Marketing and Research
Our commitment to maintaining your privacy extends to how we manage advertising, marketing and research/analytics activity in different digital environments you may see or use on computers, mobiles and tablets (defined below as “sites”).
We are involved in advertising on our Website and on third party websites.
We participate as a marketer, for example we place our own advertisements on 3rd party sites, and as a publisher where we generate revenue by displaying other parties’ advertising on our sites or by introducing you to 3rd parties in other ways.
Please note, we are only responsible for the way in which we deal with your personal information and not for the way in which any other person or party deals with your information.
10. Interest Based Profiling
When you browse our Website, and those of our partners or affiliates, we may collect data about your activity on these sites such as the amount of time you spent on each site, the pages you viewed and the advertisements you viewed on those sites. If you show interest in a particular topic across multiple sites we may tailor advertising or content to you based on an assumed interest in this topic.
This is usually enabled by the use of website pixeling or cookies or publically available advertising identifiers provided by operating systems like iOS and Android (you can opt-in or out of sharing these in the settings of your device or browser). During this process, we do not collect or use any information that could identify you as an individual, just a basic history of sites visited. The information is used not only to support digital advertising, but to improve your browsing experience.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS SUCH AS A BULLETIN BOARD, CHAT ROOM OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITES OR OUR WEBSITE.